The Rutgers Global International Travel Grant provides funding to full-time Rutgers faculty traveling internationally to engage in activities that will create or support relationships between Rutgers and institutions or communities abroad.
Awards range from $500 to $1,500.
Funding is contingent on the submission of a trip report within 60 days after the proposed travel. Funding may be revoked if the trip report is not submitted on time.
Application and Submission
Applications MUST INCLUDE the completed standardized application form, which can be found below. Electronic submissions are required, and completed applications should be sent to email@example.com. Awards will be decided shortly after each deadline.
For travel between January and April 2018, Rutgers Global International Travel Grant applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 16, 2018.
For travel between May 16 and August 31, 2018, Rutgers Global International Travel Grant applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, April 16, 2018.
For travel between September and December 2018, Rutgers Global International Travel Grant applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 14, 2018.
- Applicants must be full-time Rutgers faculty
- Travel must support international activities that positively impact the university
Acceptable award activities:
- Visits to educational institutions
- Department/school/unit outreach abroad
- Research abroad
- International conference/meeting participation
Priority will be given to those who:
- Demonstrate the long-term impact of proposed international activities
- Link proposed international activities to strategic goals of their department/school/unit
- Include involvement by one or more of Rutgers’ international partners (a current list of Rutgers’ international partners can be found here)
- Demonstrate monetary support and/or other kinds of support from their department/school/unit, international organization, partner, and/or host institution; examples of other support include lab time, office space, on-site housing, or transportation
- Have never received funding through Rutgers Global (i.e. Rutgers Global Grants, Faculty and Staff Ambassadors Program, etc.)
Applications will not be accepted for:
- Expenses for faculty while leading a learning abroad experience
- Individuals who have been awarded Rutgers Global International Travel Grant funding within the past three years, or for projects that have already been funded by Rutgers Global (i.e., Rutgers Global Grants)