International Scholars & Students
Rutgers Global–International Student and Scholar Services provides immigration services and advising to help international students maintain legal status throughout their time at Rutgers, and offers programs with an international focus for all members of the university community. The center provides:
- Personal advising sessions on immigration, cross-cultural, and other personal matters
- Workshops on F-1 and J-1 immigration-related matters for international students, and university partners
- An enjoyable, informative orientation program for incoming international students
- A regular series of cross-cultural social programs to help you acclimate to U.S. and Rutgers culture, called the International Friendship Program (IFP)
- Academic support specific to international students
Student Advising ServicesLearn More
Student Advising Services
Need help? Our international student advisers take walk-ins and appointments to help you address your issues.
Short-term Non-degree ProgramsLearn More
Short-term Non-degree Programs
Are you looking to take a session or certificate course—or participate in an internship—that isn’t part of your degree? See our options and find out what you need to do to come to Rutgers.
Housing and TravelContact Us
Housing and Travel
Once you get to Rutgers, where will you live and how will you get around? Contact an international student adviser for information on housing and transportation options.
Academic SupportFind out more
We provide effective academic support for international students in many ways.
How Can We Help You?
Each fall, Rutgers welcomes about 1.500 incoming international students from some 125 countries. To celebrate their arrival and help them acclimate to life on campus, our office hosts a jam-packed orientation the week before each academic year begins. A smaller orientation program is also hosted to welcome incoming international students every spring semester.