International Scholars & Students
The Center for Global Services at the GAIA Centers provides immigration services and advising to help international students maintain legal status throughout their time at Rutgers, and offers programs with an international focus for all members of the university community. The center provides:
- Personal advising sessions on immigration, cross-cultural, and other personal matters
- Workshops on F-1 and J-1 immigration-related matters for international students, and university partners
- An enjoyable, informative orientation program for incoming international students
- A regular series of cross-cultural social programs to help you acclimate to U.S. and Rutgers culture, called the International Friendship Program (IFP)
- Academic support specific to international students
How Can We Help You?
Each fall, Rutgers welcomes about 2,000 incoming international students from some 125 countries. To celebrate their arrival and help them acclimate to life on campus, the Center for Global Services hosts a jam-packed orientation the week before each academic year begins.