Please be advised that much of the ISSS staff is required to participate in the Rutgers University Shared Furlough Program from May 17, 2021 – July 19, 2021. Since we will be operating with reduced staff coverage for the 10-week program, there could be a delay in responding to student requests (Eforms) and would increase our processing times to 5-7 business days. However, we remain available by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), and students may schedule a virtual appointment. Please click here for more information about how to contact ISSS and our advising services. We appreciate your patience and cooperation during this temporary period.
For answers to many commonly asked questions, please refer to the following resources:
- Rutgers Global Alerts
- COVID-19 Related International Student FAQs
- University wide COVID-19 Information
We appreciate your patience and cooperation.
ISSS ADVISING SERVICES
The ISSS staff is available to answer any questions, and/or to connect students with appropriate resources around the community. We also partner with university faculty and staff to best serve our international student population. International student advisers advise international students on immigration, personal, social, and cultural matters during their time here at Rutgers.
We are able to provide remote appointments to answer your questions on a variety of common services such as quick general questions, CPT, OPT, extension of program, and more.
- Remote appointments can be requested by clicking here
- Note that appointment availability is displayed up to 14 days in advance and no less than 12 hours from the time of booking. If you do not see any available appointments, please check again on the following day for new availability.
- Please be mindful of the scheduled time and duration of your appointment. In order for ISSS to be able to support all students, advising appointments must be kept within the scheduled time. If you find yourself with additional questions remaining at the end of your scheduled time, we welcome you to schedule another appointment or continue to communicate with our advisors by email (ISSSemail@example.com)
Business Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 8:30am-5pm (closed Wednesdays)
Contact Information & Additional Services
Off-Campus Employment Chat Sessions +
ISSS is offering twice-monthly chat sessions on CPT and OPT that will be offered via Zoom. This is an opportunity for students to drop in and discuss their CPT/OPT questions with an International Student Adviser (ISA), as well as connect with other students who are also interested in off-campus employment. Below are the scheduled chat sessions with direct links to the Zoom room.
- Spring 2021 semester sessions have finished. No sessions are currently planned for summer 2021 due to low demand. An updated schedule of sessions will be posted leading up to the fall 2021 semester.
Students on New Brunswick/Piscataway Campuses +
Walk-in Advising is suspended due to COVID-19, but we are happy to offer the same excellent advisement remotely! Please see instructions at the top of this page. You may also email us at ISSS-Students@global.rutgers.edu or call us at 848-932-7015.
RBHS Newark Students, Faculty, and Scholars +
Walk-in Advising is suspended due to COVID-19, but we are happy to offer the same excellent advisement remotely! Please see instructions at the top of this page. You may also email us at ISSS-RBHS@global.rutgers.edu or call us at 973-972-6138.
Short-term Non-degree Students with Carissa McCarthy (Advisor) +
Remote advising is offered by appointment only. Please contact Carissa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Insurance Related Questions with Eirinn Jones (Insurance Coordinator) +
Sponsored Students with Greg Costalas +
Remote advising is offered by appointment only. Please contact Greg Costalas at email@example.com.
For Academic Schools & Departments +
Our international student advisers also serve as liaisons to schools and academic departments at Rutgers. They are the point of contact within our office for university faculty and staff working with international students. Rutgers faculty and staff can refer to our international student services liaison assigned to your school or department.