In case of an emergency, please write to email@example.com
For answers to many commonly asked questions, please refer to the following resources:
- Rutgers Global Alerts
- COVID-19 Related International Student FAQs
- University wide COVID-19 Information
ISSS ADVISING SERVICES
Here is a short video tutorial on how to best use our many advising options: Video Link
Summer Business hours: Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 8:30am – 5:00pm, and Fridays 8:30am-12:00pm (remote service only on Fridays). The office is closed on Wednesdays for processing and team meetings. Please refer to our Advising Services webpage to join QQA or to book an appointment.
The ISSS staff is available to answer any questions, and/or to connect students with appropriate resources around the community. We also partner with university faculty and staff to best serve our international student population. International student advisers advise international students on immigration, personal, social, and cultural matters during their time here at Rutgers.
UPDATED PROCESSING TIME: Please note that ISSS is experiencing an unusually high volume of requests, and response/processing times may be delayed. Requests will be processed within approximately 7 business days. We appreciate your patience during this very busy time for our office.
Remote Quick Question Advising
- Good for: very quick questions. For example, "how do I apply for a social security number?"
- QQA is limited to 15 minutes or less in order for our staff to help as many students as possible who may have simple questions they want addressed quickly. For longer questions, please schedule an appointment with an International Student Adviser.
- QQA is hosted via Zoom. You do not need to schedule a time; you can join during the offered times and a staff member will assist you as soon as possible.
- If you are unable to join the meeting, it is either because it is outside of our QQA hours or the QQA session has been closed because the scheduled time is almost finished and there is already a queue of students waiting.
- The password to join is ISSSQQA.
- MODIFIED SUMMER HOURS: Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays 9am-11am and 1pm-3pm, and Fridays 9am-11am
In-Person Advising Appointments
- If you would like to schedule an in-person advising appointment, please use the button below.
- Appointment availability is displayed up to 14 days in advance and no less than 24 hours from the time of booking. If you do not see any available appointments, please check again on the following day for new availability.
Feel free to contact us via email for all other questions!
Contact Information & Additional Services
Off-Campus Employment Chat Sessions +
ISSS hosts chat sessions on CPT and OPT via Zoom. This is an opportunity for students to drop in and discuss their CPT/OPT questions with an International Student Adviser (ISA), as well as connect with other students who are also interested in off-campus employment. Below are the scheduled chat sessions with direct links to the Zoom room.
RBHS Newark Students, Faculty, and Scholars +
Walk-in Advising is suspended due to COVID-19, but we are happy to offer the same excellent advisement remotely! Please see instructions at the top of this page. RBHS Students may email us at ISSSfirstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 973-972-6138. RBHS Faculty & Scholars can access more information using this separate page.
Short-term Non-degree Students and Sponsored Students with Carissa McCarthy (Advisor) +
Remote advising is offered by appointment only. Please contact Carissa at email@example.com
Insurance Related Questions with Eirinn Jones (Insurance Coordinator) +
Remote advising appointments for insurance-related questions can be requested by clicking here. For insurance-related questions, you may contact Eirinn Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Academic Schools & Departments +
Our international student advisers also serve as liaisons to schools and academic departments at Rutgers. They are the point of contact within our office for university faculty and staff working with international students. Rutgers faculty and staff can refer to our international student services liaison assigned to your school or department.