All program participants will be held to a unified list of expectations for participation in a Rutgers Global study abroad program. After you have been accepted to a study abroad program and paid the required deposit, you are considered an enrolled participant in that program and will therefore be held to the terms and conditions of all policies that are a part of the study abroad application and post-decision process.
Participation Agreement +
The following agreement holds all program participants to a unified list of expectations for student participation in a Rutgers Global study abroad program. Once enrolled, all students, regardless of their home institution, are considered Rutgers students.
Withdrawal Policy +
After you have been accepted to a study abroad program and paid the required deposit, you are considered an enrolled participant in that program. By making such payment you are expressing your intention to participate in the program, you are acknowledging that the deposit is non-refundable, and you are recognizing that you will be held responsible for some or all of the full program fee, even if ultimately you do not participate in the program, depending on when you formally withdraw from the program.
On-Premise Study Abroad Students:
If you are considering withdrawing from a study abroad program for which you have already paid a program deposit, please review this policy and take the following steps:
1. Speak with Rutgers Global–Study Abroad, specifically your study abroad adviser. We may be able to help you find a way to still participate, even if withdrawing seems inevitable.
2. Review the withdrawal timelines and financial obligations below. Remember: program deposits are non-refundable.
3. If, after speaking with Rutgers Global–Study Abroad, you still intend to withdraw, you must fill out and sign the Withdrawal Form.
Virtual Study Abroad Students:
1. Speak with Rutgers Global – Study Abroad, specifically your Study Abroad advisor. We may be able to help you find a way to still participate, even if withdrawing seems inevitable.
2. The dates below may or may not apply to your program, please reference the webpage for the program for further information.
3. It is imperative that you speak with a Rutgers Global – Study Abroad advisor as soon as possible to mitigate any financial ramifications.
Withdrawals are not considered official and valid until a completed WITHDRAWAL FORM is received. Withdrawals will be effective on the date we receive your email with the Withdrawal Form attached.
Cancellation Policy +
*A Special Note about COVID-19 and Upcoming Programs
Cancellations by RGSA: In the event that Rutgers Global–Study Abroad (RGSA) cancels a program, students will be refunded deposits paid to RGSA. Deposit or Application fees paid to providers or host university are not eligible for RGSA refunds.
Note: Students who choose to cancel their own participation see below.
Special note about Flight and Travel Insurance: Rutgers Global–Study Abroad will notify students when it is the appropriate time to purchase flights. Once students are given this recommendation, all flight reservations should be made with the consideration of travel insurance and cancellation options. Flight and/or travel costs cannot not be refunded by RGSA should a cancellation occur. Please research travel insurance before purchasing a ticket and confirm it will cover cancellation or change of plans due to COVID-19 or any other reason.
Cancellations or Withdrawal by Students: In the event that a student makes the personal choice to withdraw and the program is not cancelled by RGSA or the University, no refunds will be given, and students will be subject to the current withdrawal policy and financial timeline outlined on our website.