Online Global Learning
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed our lives in many ways, but it has also shown us the essential need for global interactions to address world challenges.
In response to this, Rutgers Global–Study Abroad is excited to work with some of our international university partners to provide remote global study and internship opportunities to students.
What is online global learning?
Students can gain 3-6 credits through courses and international work experience from the safety and comfort of home. Engaging virtually with top faculty and international organizations will enable students to build a global professional network and develop essential career and intercultural communication skills. With an online global internship, students will work on projects for an international organization from home while adding a global perspective to their professional work experience.
Rutgers Online Global Internship Partners
CEA Online Global InternshipLearn More & Apply
CEA Online Global Internship
Give your career a boost while gaining the global experience you’ve been seeking at an affordable price.
IAU Online Global InternshipsLearn More & Apply
IAU Online Global Internships
These virtual programs will draw on IAU's expertise in experiential-based learning while taking advantage of our wide network of professional contacts in France, Spain, Morocco, the United Kingdom, as...
CAPA Online Global InternshipsLearn More & Apply
CAPA Online Global Internships
Gain international work experience and develop global professional competencies through CAPA's remote internships.
USAC Online Global InternshipsLearn More & Apply
USAC Online Global Internships
Explore your future career interests by working online with businesses and organizations that are based at locations around the world.
GAV Online Global Internships (Summer)Learn More & Apply
GAV Online Global Internships (Summer)
This Summer, RBS students can take advantage of a unique opportunity to expand your knowledge of the business world through experiential learning.
Career Semester Online Global InternshipLearn More & Apply
Career Semester Online Global Internship
A powerful way to spend a few hours a week learning career-focused skills and gaining international work experience, entirely online.
FUBiS Online Global CoursesLearn More & Apply
FUBiS Online Global Courses
Freie Universität Berlin International Summer and Winter University (FUBiS) offers online German Language and Culture courses. Intermediated or advanced language courses are available to Rutgers stude...
What are the benefits of an online global internship?
- Enhance your resume - Students can gain valuable experiences working on meaningful projects with an international company.
- Balance and flexibility - An online global internship allows students to still work or take classes while gaining an international experience.
- Comfort and convenience - Online internships allow student interns to work from wherever is most comfortable and convenient for them.
- Affordability - The cost of an online internship is often less than that of an on-site global internship.
- Networking opportunities - Students can grow their global network by connecting with international faculty, students and organizations.
Tips for Success
Consider the following tips to ensure a successful, quality online global internship experience.
- Determine your internship goals and share them with the organization and staff you will interact with most.
- Request meaningful projects and tasks to make the most of this learning experience.
- Set a clear communication plan, including preferred platforms, frequency of check-ins, and opportunities for feedback and support.
- Prepare your workspace and technology for success. Find a distraction-free area with optimal lighting and internet connectivity.
- Identify opportunities to connect with your supervisor. Build and maintain these professional connections.
If you are interested in an online global internship and would like to speak with a Study Abroad Advisor about your options, please attend an online advising session.
Online advising is offered Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays between 1:00–4:00 p.m.
102 College Avenue
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Participation Agreement +
The following agreement holds all program participants to a unified list of expectations for student participation in a Rutgers Global study abroad program. Once enrolled, all students, regardless of their home institution, are considered Rutgers students.
View all Study Abroad Policies here.
Other Non-Credit Program Options +
#RUGlobalAtHome Virtual Resources – Learn a new language, visit a museum, tour the world... Rutgers Global is highlighting alternative ways to "go global" from the comfort of your own home.
Global Collaborative Education Lab (for Faculty) +
The mission of the Global Collaborative Education Lab at Rutgers is to assist faculty in providing all students access to global experiences through virtual collaboration with peers from around the globe. Faculty work together with international partners to develop curriculum-focused assignments and activities, providing their students a variety of learning opportunities that do not require international travel.
Rutgers Global is here to support faculty in facilitating these experiences, keeping in mind the Forum on Education Abroad's standards for online global learning.