What is the Rutgers International Buddy (RIB) Program?
The Rutgers International Buddy (RIB) Program aims to connect Rutgers students—international and domestic, undergraduate and graduate—with fellow Rutgers students from around the world.
Rutgers is a global university with a very diverse student body. Within and beyond the classroom, Rutgers students get to experience the world through their interactions with other students from different cultural, national, racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, and religious backgrounds. From these interactions—and, in particular, through the sharing of stories and experiences with each other—Rutgers students are engaged in broadening their own perspectives and in building a globally-engaged university community.
The RIB Program will facilitate introductions between Rutgers students in a welcoming and safe virtual environment. Students will be matched with a buddy based on shared interests. Buddies are encouraged to communicate regularly using email, social media, or other methods of communication.
Benefits of Participating in the RIB Program and Becoming a Buddy
- Meet someone you might not otherwise have a chance to meet
- Learn about and experience different cultures through conversation and regular virtual interaction
- Establish connections by sharing stories and experiences to understand different perspectives while also finding common ground
- Strengthen your sense of belonging and shared community as Rutgers students
Terms and Conditions +
I agree to abide by the Rutgers Student Code of Conduct and the terms described below while participating in the Rutgers International Buddy (RIB) program. By submitting an application for this program, I am agreeing to abide by these rules.
- Not misusing in any way or sharing the personal information of my buddy. This includes but is not limited to publicly publishing information, sharing information with third parties, and adding your buddies information to advertising/promotional e-mails.
- Not sharing any information I learn from my buddy with a third party.
- Using the RIB program solely for social purposes; Buddies should not be used for counseling, psychological, medical or any other type of professional advice.
- Not defaming, abusing, harassing, stalking, or threatening your buddy in any way.
- Creating a truthful profile and not using any misleading or false information.
- Buddies have the right to end contact at any time without penalty.
- Buddies have the right to request a new or additional buddy at any time.