Rutgers Global event co-sponsorships support faculty, staff, and students engaging the Rutgers community in activities that significantly expand the university’s international agenda by exploring topics of global importance. Event organizers looking for co-sponsorship from Rutgers Global can offer programming such as universitywide lectures, conferences, or symposia, or specialized meetings engaging more narrowly defined scholarly or educational concerns. Programming should enhance the international profile of academic units by hosting speakers, holding small workshops, or expanding the international component of courses through film screenings, performances, discussions, lectures, or other means of building student interest. Any and all globally focused and related events that bring together diverse groups of students, faculty, staff, alumni, and the general public are welcome and encouraged.
Funding awards of $400 to $750 will be given to units organizing activities for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Application and Submission
Applications MUST INCLUDE the completed standardized application form, which can be found below.
Co-sponsorship applications are due to Rutgers Global–Programs by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, September 24, 2018 or Friday, December 21, 2018. Electronic submissions are required, and completed applications should be sent to email@example.com.
Fall applicants will not be notified of co-sponsorship awards until October 12, 2018. Spring applicants will not be notified of co-sponsorship awards until January 22, 2019. If you do receive an award, but your event takes place before these dates, please be prepared to cover any expenses before receiving the grant..
In selecting award amounts, priority will be given to and to events which:
- Are organized by a unit that has not previously received Rutgers Global event funding
- Have a clear international or global focus
- Address a timely issue of global concern
- Include undergraduate or graduate student perspectives and participation, if
- Contribute to advancing the mission of Rutgers Global
- Develop interconnections among departments, units, or schools from different
- Present an innovative new set of scholarly and/or creative activities
- Demonstrate the use of other funding resources beyond the Rutgers Global Co-Sponsorship