Rutgers University’s mission is to advance and promote global awareness and citizenship by engaging faculty, students, and staff in international studies, research, and initiatives that benefit New Jersey, the nation, and the world.
To pursue its mission of excellence in international research, teaching, and outreach, Rutgers University will:
- create an environment supportive of internationally and globally focused research;
- provide opportunities for graduate and undergraduate students to participate in a wider range of internationally-focused educational opportunities domestically and abroad;
- enhance undergraduate students’ skills in a way that will enable them to become accomplished and successful global citizens;
- facilitate international and cross-national collaborations and partnerships;
- advance and promote international awareness of faculty, students, and staff; and
- increase the university’s presence and recognition globally.